20th Jul 2017
The Council of Governors here at Alder Hey plays a really important role in monitoring the quality of service that our patients and their families receive.
Our Council of Governors is made up of 25 elected Governors and 10 appointed Governors. The constituents we represent include patients, parents, carers, their families, staff, local authorities, commissioners, local universities and voluntary organisations, across England and North Wales. You can find out more about the role of Governors on our website here www.alderhey.nhs.uk/about-us/council-of-governors.
We are currently holding Governor elections in the following constituencies:
- Public: Greater Manchester (1 seat)
- Public: Cheshire (1 seat)
- Public: Merseyside (1 seat)
- Public: Cumbria and Lancashire (1 seat)
- Patient: Parent and Carer (3 seats)
- Staff: Other Clinical (including Allied Health Professionals,
- Psychologists and Pharmacists) (1 seat)
- Staff: Nurses (1 seat)
- Staff: Other Staff (1 seat)
If you are a registered member of Alder Hey and want to have your say, you can now vote for your chosen candidate in your constituency. You will have been sent details by post.
To become a Governor or vote in the election you will need to be a member of the Trust. If you are not already a member and would like to participate in future elections you can register at: www.alderhey.nhs.uk/about-us/foundation-trust-becoming-a-member.« Return to Latest news