Contact Us | Press Office | International | Academy | About Us | Donate
Partnership working will be at the heart of future development of children’s healthcare. Together with our partners, we can give children and young people everywhere the best possible future.
As both a specialist healthcare provider with a global reach and a local provider for children and young people in Merseyside, we have an unrivalled opportunity to shape children’s healthcare through many different partnerships including:
• Local partnerships aiming to provide care closer to home, grow and improve services and ensure children and young people are at the heart of everything we do. We are aiming to do this by:
o Improving outcomes through integrated community-focused models of care and support. This includes the ‘Children’s Transformation Programme’ and ‘One Liverpool’ plan. Bringing together community teams within children’s community hubs and in local settings will help improve public health and wellbeing in the City and ensure effective use of unplanned and urgent care.
o Working with primary care networks to identify and explore new ways to enhance services locally, enable digital alternatives to outpatient care and to raise paediatric standards locally. An example of this is working to support children, young people, families and primary care teams to improve the management of severe paediatric Asthma.
o Commitment to supporting the City of Liverpool as it aims to become a UNICEF Child Friendly City.
• Bringing women’s and children’s and specialist services together by joining up care and building on local partnerships, including:
o The Liverpool Neonatal Partnership, ensuring a seamless experience for mothers, babies and families.
o Combining knowledge, expertise and resource with other specialists trusts to drive the delivery of truly world-leading specialist services, research, education and innovation.
o Working closer together with partners within Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, to ensure children and young people are able to access and receive the very best standards of care and by creating a specialist centre within our campus.
o Developing our specialist services by growing services including Cochlear Implants in ENT, Neurosurgery, Audiology, Ophthalmology, Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology, Laser and Chronic Pain, Clinical Pharmacology, Neonatal Care, Palliative Care, Cancer and Genomics.
o Working in partnership with other health providers across the North West.
• Developing the North West as a powerhouse of specialist health services for children and young people, ensuring they do not have to travel unnecessarily to receive the best care. We are working closely with Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital to improve specialist services for children, young people and their families in the North focusing on:
o Neurosciences – delivering world class neurology and neurosurgery care for children and young people across the North West and beyond.
o Cardiology – working in partnership across both hospitals to provide the very best cardiology services.
o Operational Delivery Networks – working together to ensure the most effective Neonatal Critical Care, Neurosciences, Cardiac, Cleft Lip and Palette, Intensive Care, Long Term Ventilation, HIV and major Trauma services for children and young people in the North West.
• International Child Health, contributing to improving the health of the world’s children.
• Higher Education Institutions and Industry to develop pioneering new drugs, treatments and therapies for children and young people across the world.
Alder Hey Children's Charity