We work with a range of organisations* to co-create innovative healthcare technologies. Our services include:
• Needs identification
• Technology scouting
• Market validation
• Fund/investment sourcing
• Product testing and evaluation
• Partner brokerage
* We support eligible companies to work with us to co-create innovative products and services through the ERDF funded Health Enterprise Hub programme. If your company employs less than 250 staff and is based within the Liverpool City Region you may be eligible. Contact the team to find out more.
We have a 1,000m2 co-creation space for partners from industry and academia to work collaboratively with the hospital’s patients and families, staff, hub members and partners. The space features simulated clinical areas, advanced data infrastructure, partner workspace, meeting rooms and event space.
Training and Events
We deliver a range of training and events for partners and staff to raise awareness of new opportunities and to provide platforms to encourage and support collaboration. For example, we have run technology workshops about 3D printing and its application to patient education, medical training and pre-operative planning.
We also run networking events for Innovation Partners and open innovation events for staff, patients, families, industry and academia.
Our team of innovation champions are staff based in departments across the Trust who we support to work with us to identify needs and challenges.
Champions are supported with a programme of CPD accredited activity.
Register your interest in becoming an Innovation Champion here.
We support Alder Hey staff with entrepreneurial aspirations to act on the opportunities they identify through our entrepreneurship programme, the Acorn Partnership:
- Alder Hey provides clinical leadership and access to early adopters of new solutions
- Nova provides expertise in the design and build of digital products
- Deepbridge Capital provides operational, financial and management expertise
We provide speakers for national and international engagements.