Contact Us | Press Office | About Us | Vaccines | International | Our Charity
Diabetes > Information and Guidelines > Video Guides > Research and Publications > Meet the Team > Contact Us
In an emergency you can contact our team during the day or night – call these numbers for advice about managing diabetes when you are worried about illness, high blood glucose levels with ketones, hypoglycaemia, if you are unable to give/deliver insulin or measure blood glucose levels.
• Daytime (8am – 6pm) – 0151 252 5766
• Out of hours – 0151 228 4811. Ask for the diabetes out of hours on call service
You will be put through to the on-call member of the diabetes team. You may have to leave a message (we may be on another call or with a patient) but we will call you back within an hour.
The out of hours emergency number is for outpatient use only. If the query is about an inpatient it should be directed to the diabetes on call consultant via switchboard.
Contacting us when it’s not an emergency
• Ann Mason (Pathway Co-ordinator) 0151 282 4518
• Camilla Spengler (Diabetes Senior Administrator) 0151 252 5157
• Sue Kerr 0151 252 5738
• Keith Thornborough 0151 282 4747
• Noala Bradshaw 0151 252 5381
• Kath Millar 0151 252 5249
• Anna Bradley 0151 252 5853
• Emma Pointon 0151 252 5373
• Joanne Elliott 0151 293 3234
• Dr Paul, Dr Ghatak and Dr Mehta (via Pathway Coordinator) 0151 282 4518
• Dr Anna Simmons and Dr Lyndsey Carlson 0151 252 5586
Making / Changing your appointment
• 0151 252 5358
You can send pump / meter downloads or ask the team any questions by emailing email@example.com
We always try to reply to your email within three working days.
Suspected newly diagnosed diabetes
If you have seen a child that you suspect has diabetes, they should be referred immediately to the On-call Paediatric team at Alder Hey (0151 228 4811 – Medical registrar).
Children who have signs of new onset diabetes may deteriorate quickly – a ‘same day’ referral is essential.
How to refer a child with existing diabetes
Children and young people with diabetes can be referred to the Alder Hey diabetes team, by letter or email.
We are happy to discuss any referrals.
Routine referrals should be sent to the diabetes pathway coordinator:
Diabetes Pathway Co-ordinator
Alder Hey Children's Hospital
East Prescot Road
Fax: 0151 252 5928
Phone: 0151 282 4518
Alder Hey Children's Charity