Cardiac Open Day - June 2018
- Education of various materials used during surgeries such as valves, stents, balloons, patches and pacemakers etc. from various representatives
- We provide a mock-up of the Cardiopulmonary Bypass machine used for most heart operations and lifesaving ECMO machines.
- Resus Training
- Tours of the operating theatres
- Various speakers on the day; Consultants, Cardiac Surgeon, Consultant Anaesthetist, Intensivist, Cardiac Perfusion, ECG/ECHO Technician, Theatre Practioners, Cardiac Nurse Specialists who will explain their role in the patient pathway.
- A chance to meet supporting Charities
- Children's entertainment, including disco, games and prizes
- Face painting
- Mascots and suprise guests
Every child left with a special token, a Heart Warrior medal of bravery.
Rythm Rascals Day - December 2019
A fun day for all ICD/ Pacemaker patients (Rythm Rascals) and their familes.
This fun filled day of endless entertainment included; face paints, craft table, Disney character and special visit from Father Christmas.
This day was also a great opportunity to meet and interact with various member of the Cardiac Team, Cardiac device representatives and other families in similar situations in a non clinical friendly atmosphere.
The day provided some education and reassurance to both patients and their families.