Covid19 - Service Update
We have had to make some important changes to our service provision, due to current COVID 19 restrictions.
- Telephone and video consultations - All follow up appointments are now done via telephone consultations. A physiotherapist from our team will contact you to discuss your child’s physiotherapy management plan. We can send exercise plans and advice to you via email.
- New referrals - All new referrals are triaged and will receive a telephone consultation.
- Reports - We will continue to provide physiotherapy updates and reports via post and email for Health and Education Plans (HEP), EHAT meetings and Child Protection meetings.
Critical Service Provision
This service is in place for a small cohort of patients identified to be in need of urgent respiratory input and risk of acute deterioration.
This category will also include any new referrals identified as critical following telephone consultation, post-operative patients and any sudden acquired impairments/ trauma.
We aim to provide these children with:
- Teaching / training for self-management
- Prophylactic (preventative) intervention (if identified as ‘at risk’)
- Active intervention / input for symptoms as necessary.
We would like to assure all of our patients and families that you can contact us for any queries by calling our office on 0151 607 2700 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm)
We would love to hear how our children are getting on with their home exercise programs.
You can follow us on Twitter (@AlderHeyPhysioC) and get in touch using #CommunityPhysio
Please note that other departments like orthotics and wheelchair services are also changing their service provision. We advise you to ring them in advance, to discuss repair / provision as necessary. Contact numbers can be found below:
Orthotics - 0151 252 5318
Wheelchair services – 0151 296 7770
Wheelchair repairs - 0151 282 5175
Community Equipment stores - 0151 295 9800
Equipment Specialist Team (Moving and Handling) – 0151 296 7736
Alder Hey COVID-19 hotline
Please visit the Alder Hey COVID-19 Information Hub for up to date information regarding COVID symptoms, frequently asked questions, mental health resources and home schooling information for parents.