Contact Us | Press Office | International | Academy | About Us | Donate
Patient experience encompasses a range of interactions that patients have with the health care system and it includes aspects of delivery of care such as getting timely appointments, easy access to information and good communication with health care providers.
Our service is committed to working in partnership with all our service users including children, young people and families. Your feedback is greatly valued.
• As a team we are committed to improving patient experience by asking, monitoring and acting upon patient feedback; so we can make improvements in areas that patients say matter the most to them.
• All new patients are given a ‘First appointment’ questionnaire. This gives our new service users the opportunity to give us feedback for their first appointment.
• We use Friends and Family test cards, in line with trust policy, to receive feedback from patients receiving ongoing care. Results from these are discussed at the divisional quality meetings and forwarded to all staff as part of Governance update in staff meetings.
• All feedback received is sent to clinical audit team at Alder Hey for input anonymously and a report summary is generated. Please note that if you have any specific suggestion / feedback; you can contact your physiotherapist directly or the office on 0151 607 2700.
• All feedback received is discussed at the staff meeting and physio meetings. An action plan is agreed from this.
• Communication with service users- changes to service delivery are communicated to our service users via our biannual newsletter.
• The newsletter is used for information sharing with our service users. Sections of the newsletter include ‘you said we did’, meet the team and Active hero award.
• The newsletter is uploaded on our team (trust) webpage and service users are prompted to it via email notification. Paper copies are displayed in physio bases at children’s centres and special schools.
• Other opportunities- We value your feedback and will use opportunities like school coffee mornings, holiday activities, home visits etc to do this and build a two way communication link with our service users. Specific focus groups are set up as necessary.
Alder Hey Children's Charity