Do you want to be part of something special? Join our nursing team.
Every year we care for over 270,000 children, young people and their families and we lead research into children’s medicines, infection, inflammation and oncology.
We treat everything from common illnesses to highly complex and specialist conditions from our main hospital site in Liverpool and across community sites and clinics throughout the North West.
Alder Hey is...
- A Centre of Excellence for cancer, as well as spinal, heart and brain conditions
- A Department of Health Centre for Head and Face Surgery
- A Centre of Excellence for Muscular Dystrophy and the first UK Centre of Excellence for Childhood Lupus
- One of four national centers for childhood epilepsy surgery, a joint service with the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- A designated Children’s Major Trauma Centre
- We have Europe’s only intra-operative 3-T MRI scanner which is a pioneering technology for neurosurgery, reducing repeat operations in 90% of cases
Grow personally and professionally with an innovative nurse programme that supports revalidation and a preceptorship scheme for newly qualified nurses and experienced nurses.
Alder Hey hosts two Nursing Recruitment events each year, usually held in January for April students and June for September students.
Alder Hey hosts two nursing recruitment events each year, usually held in January for April/May starters and in June for September/October starters. To be offered an invite to our Recruitment Events you must submit an application from the NHS Jobs website - keep an eye out on NHS Jobs for our next advert!
Details of the role are provided in the job description and please note you will need to register with the NHS Jobs website to apply. Should you decide to apply and you meet the criteria of the role you will be shortlisted as per our shortlisting process.
We will email you an invitation containing the details of our next recruitment event.
Our nursing team will be available on the day to answer any questions, and you will be given the opportunity to have a tour of the hospital, discuss your preferred area of work and try on our uniforms.
Each applicant will be required to participate in a drugs calculation test. Applicants who pass will be asked to stay and offered an interview.
If you are successful following your interview you will be required to attend an appointment with our Recruitment and Employment Services Team to commence your pre-employment checks such as Disclosure and Barring Service clearance, medical and ID checks.
You will be required to bring the following documents to support the checks (failure to bring the correct document could result in a delayed start date):
- Passport (current)
- Birth Certificate (full birth certificate with parents on if passport cannot be provided)
- Driving Licence (with Counterpart)
- Bank Account Details
- National Insurance Number (evidence of this is required)
- Relevant Qualification Certificates
- Two proofs of address within the last three months (must either be Bank statement, Utility bill or Government letter MUST not be mobile phone bill)
- Immunisation records
The Recruitment and Employment Services Team and Nursing Team will remain in contact throughout the selection process. During your first weeks of employment you will be required to attend a two week induction programme to help induct you into the organisation.
Should you have any questions please contract firstname.lastname@example.org